call us! (210) 340-8240

Serving the Cooling and Heating needs of
San Antonio, Texas since 1985.

The Hazards of Winter

There is danger everywhere. This we know all too well, but did you realize there could be a real danger inside your home? Carbon Monoxide poisoning is a real problem today and because it is odorless, tasteless and colorless, you may not even know you are being poisoned by it.

Some of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are dizziness, headache, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pains and confusion. It is common for people to think they are just coming down with the flu when they are really breathing in this gas. Even doctors may have a hard time giving the correct diagnosis because the symptoms are so similar to so many other things. People who are sleeping may even die before ever experiencing a single symptom.

How to Protect Yourself & Your Family

The good news is there are things you can do to protect your home and the people/animals in it from ever being exposed to carbon monoxide.

The first, and one of the most important things to do, is to have your home’s heating system serviced by a professional technician every single year. Any other gas appliances need to be serviced as well.

The next thing to do is to install carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home. These have a life span of about 5 years, so you will have to replace them continually, but it is certainly worth it to save your life.

Also, you need to make sure that all of your gas appliances are properly vented. This is very important – especially with the two appliances that you use to heat your home and cook with.

If the power is ever out, never use a generator inside your home, basement, garage or by a window or door.

Now that you know more about the hazards of winter and what needs to be done in order to protect your family, call us at (210) 340-8240 or contact us here and have your furnace inspected today.